I’m sure you have a good reason for wanting to transfer your blog from WordPress to Blogger so i won’t try and talk you out of it. The major problem you need to find a solution for is the different file types.
When you export your content from WordPress it produces an WXR file format which Blogger cannot import as it uses the XML file format.
Solution: Convert your WordPress WXR file into a Blogger XML format and your import will be a walk in the park.
You can move from either a free hosted WordPress.com blog or a self-hosted WordPress.org powered site to Blogger. The 3 step process involves:
- Exporting your content in a WXR file
- Converting your WXR file to XML format
- Importing your XML file to Blogger
WordPress bloggers follow these steps:
Step 1. Export Posts From WordPress
- Login to WordPress and go to your Dashboard
- Click on the Tools tab
- Click on the Export tab
- Save the file to your local computer
- Click this link – No longer works and use the Browse button to find your WordPress WXR export file on your local computer
- Click convert and your WordPress content will be converted from WXR to XML
Step 2.Import Posts to Blogger
- Login to your Blogger blog
- Click the Create a Blog link if you want to import your WordPress content to a new blogger site
- Click the Import Tool and import your WordPress content in XML format to Blogger
- Publish your imported posts to Blogger
Note: the maximum file size you can convert from WordPress WXR to Blogger XML format is 1mg